Thursday, November 20, 2008

Promotion....yet again?

Today at work, I am writing my job description. Yes you are reading it right, me writing my own job description of which my lobster boss asked me to do few weeks ago. Finally, my mood is good today to pen it down. What pissed me off is that why would I have to write my own job description? Isnt that supposed to be prepared by him? and when I asked for format....no idea, no clue. So I just did it free flow and wrote as if I am in heaven hahahaha.....

Well basically if your boss cant write your job description, its up to you to bring yourself to heaven hahaha.....I wrote three pages along of my skills and competencies. Yeah three pages long and for each skill, I quote what I did hahaha....

At the end of the exercise, I realised hey I am indirectly doing a self assessment on the my job group competencies. So I make a comparison to a job group higher than mine. To my surprised, I am close...in fact I think I am qualified for a promotion. So the evil side of me have a sneaky plan hahaha. I wrote to my boss and told him what I did for the job description and at the same time asked for a promotion !!! hahahaha.

Then I realised last year around this time, I too asked for the promotion and I got it hahaha and this time same thing happened, but not sure if I would be lucky enough haha. So fingers crossed and pray hard that I would get it as well this time. But chances are quite slim in this situation that I am leaving the team.......but if you never tried, you never know rite hehe.

If I got, it means I jumped two ladder in just 12 months hahahaha....... and that is really in heaven!!!

No comments: