Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Day of Drama....

Today is like a soap opera.....

As I was driving to office this afternoon, a bird flew to my car and got hit. I continue to drive on with a guilt inside me. So what I did is to take a five minute silent prayer for it to rest in peace. Poor thing....dont know what sort of bird is that but definitely not those crow and big bird. It is more like those tiny little brown colour bird i think.

Then, when I reached in the office, while I was working half way around 2.30, my phone rang. It was my sister. She told me that my maid ran away. I was like "alamak, are you kidding me?". My maid packed all her clothes in her bag and ran off through our back door. I think she already pre-planned this whole thing. Otherwise, how the hell she will have the time do the packing. Gosh, I couldnt even believe my ears when I knew about it. We treat her so well. Sometimes you just dont understand how their mind works. Here she go, ran away alone, a naive girl who thinks she can make a better living as an illegal immigrant now. As an employer we have no choice but to cancel the working visa that we issued previously. Not that we are cruel, but we have to safeguard our well being as well. You will not know what sort of trouble she might get into. So if she did get into those bad stuff, if the visa is still active, we will be held responsible. I am dissapointed actually.

Now have to make police report and tell the agent about the whole thing. We then have to go through the whole process again. My goodness!!!! What is more interesting is when i came back from work and found the note that she left behind. In her note she said "you would not understand how is it feels like to work in someone else house. I dont get used to it". My goodness, totally speechless. Did she came here on expectation that she will be staying in hotel and be transported to my house on limo? My god!!! unbelievably naive.

Okie, enough of the bad stuff. Actually I had the above two bad events but in return I also has two good events. Firstly, my colleague in holland found me the contacts to Calgary. Isnt it wonderful? She found me several contacts in Calgary that I can forward my resume to and they will fit me into the available position. That is a great news to hear actually. So grateful to her hehe.

On the other hand, today after work my colleague said there will be fireworks display. Apparently they are having this international firework competition this month. And today lucky me, is Canada. So, we four drove to the Cyberjaya lake and watch that fireworks display. Not so bad but I still think the one I seen last year was better. I think japan if i am not mistaken. Anyway, i did captured a few shots and here it is.




No comments: