Friday, March 27, 2009

A Horrified Day at J-day

Yesterday, my sister and I went to Jusco. I wanted to get something for my friend who just deliver a baby girl, so I asked my sister to come along. When we arrived at the place, so many cars were parked haphazardly along the way. The parking is full and so I have no choice but to park few metres away from the complex. Still wondering what is the big occassion?

When we walked in, I got a shocked. Goshhhhhhhhhhh so many people !!!!!!! There are this pool of people going everywhere and so crowded the complex. Then we realised, it is Jusco member sale. Obviously this is my first time came for a member sale. I am a person who hates crowded places. Placards are everywhere, banner are highly lifted across the complex to signify the Day where Jusco give such offer to her members. Then there are people with hailer. Yes in the complex!!! Then suddenly I feel myself walking in a "high class pasar malam" hahahaha....

So I quickly get my stuff and get through my annoyance of getting bumped each time. Then we went to take a look at the supermarket. My Lord.....people just grabbing everything and anything. The trolleys all are full and the resit from the cashier was few metres long. I then wonder, are the things really that cheap? do they really need to stock up like that? Not that our country is going into deep recession tomorrow or it is a war stricken area that by tomorrow we will hungry to death. Toilet rolls all gone......vitagen, gone.....rice 30 ringgit only per packet....gone, ultra soft pillows....gone, comforter....gone.

This is indeed my first experience and truly shocking at the way Malaysian behave when it comes to sale. The word SALE or DISCOUNT truly plays some magic in our mind. I mean myself too are fond with two words on certain items hahaha. There is this man who shopped till he sweats.....i mean really sweat as if he has run on a marathon or something. Funny that there are two ambulances parked outside the complex on standby hahahaha.... I am not exaggerating, it is true. My sister even told me that people started to queue up in front of the complex as early as 8 am. That is really like what, 2.5 hours earlier from Jusco's operating hours. One word "kiasu" hahaha......imagine yourself to queue as 8 am all to get two new bottles of 1 ringgit cheaper Dynamo, or two ultra soft pillows for the price one.....hahaha

As for me, I just merely walk around and yet I still have my Vitagen....hehe. No need to queue or get up early :)

No comments: