Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Decision...

Decision, something that I would avoid. Did you realised that in life, it always involved this sort of choices. From the time you woke up to the time you went back to bed, it always involved decision. You need to decide on what to wear, what to eat, what to do for the rest of the day, where to go, whom to meet, and the list goes on. It is so exhausting sometimes.

Life as an infant is the best I think, where most of your decisions are taken care of. You do not need to decide on what to eat because there is only one standard meal for an infant. Even if you are kid, those meal choices are decided for by your parents. That would even includes the clothes to wear, and everything else.

But when you grew older, things you need to decide for yourself. Choices that you have to make the best for you. It is good sometimes to decide especially those that are obvious and of your choice. But what if those choices aren't what you want to have or you are not sure what you want anymore, what sort of decision would one need to choose or make ? How to make them?

I am a person who is lazy to decide especially on meals. I would just go to the same restaurant ordering different dishes on the menu. Or maybe I am exhauted from making choices and deciding has somehow put me in a dormant mood. To have someone to decide for you is then having a potential control freak that makes your life pretty much act as if like their remote control. I dont want that and I dont think I would be happy with that.

But then what is the one thing that I would be happy? That I would know that is the one? What is the one thing that really scares me at this point? Why is it so hard now for me to make one decision? Is it I am fighting with my internal self or am I running from something? I dont know and I dont know why am I feel so scared to make that decision that everyone is anticipating. The risk? The uncertainty that it possess? Something that I need to decide for myself, whether I will want to continue to stay put or take a leap and see if I can make it. Again, decision decision decision...... Sigh....I guess it is part of growing up.

No comments: